Getting Lost - Kiwi Summer Pack
The Kiwi Summer Pack is all about giving you inspiration when you are out and about exploring this Summer. Purposefully nostalgic they have loads of the things we all did on Summer Road Trips when we were young like stopping for hot chips at a country pub, climbing trees, building sculptures out of driftwood, ice creams and dive bombs!
Purposefully offline, The Getting Lost Game is designed to inspire adventures and get people out of what they know and explore that untravelled path.
Designed by James and I, the Getting Lost Game gives you random directions to discover new places where ever you are in the country.
There are no rules to the game and the ways you can play it are endless and entirely adaptable to the person playing the game.
Here’s some ideas we’ve had though…
- For quick play, pick a new direction card at each intersection
- For a game that lasts a couple of hours pick a new card every 5 minutes
- Want to keep it simple? Just keep in the direction cards (left, right, north, south etc) and take out the trickier ones
- Looking for a weekend get away? Play the game until you get the “head for home” card and then find a hotel or campground in what ever town you are in when you get the card
- Don’t want to stop for treats? Take the treat and drink card out before you start playing
- Want to be totally unplugged? There is only one card that requires the internet (Google the word lake) so just take that one out
- Send the kids off for a walk with the game to explore new places
- Arrive in a new city and set off walking with the cards – take a new direction at each intersection
- Want to surprise someone? Add in your own card in the middle (seriously – anyone looking for a proposal card please let us know – we’ll make you one!)
Each card measures 91mm x 55mm and this pack has 10 misdirection cards. This edition does not include the inspiration cards on the other side.
Please remember to play the game responsibly and make sure that you stay safe and able to get yourself back home at all times. The compass is a toy designed for playing the game only so please don’t rely on this for directions.