Getting Lost - Out of Town Edition
Designed as an add on to the Getting Lost Game – these additional 15 misdirection cards are specifically designed for adventures out of the main cities.
I’m calling it – I think this is my favourite add on pack yet! It’s our biggest booster pack with 15 misdirection cards specifically written for when you’re getting lost out of town. Designed for a few laughs as well as inspiration you’ll find cards like “Cow – go left, Sheep – go right”. We’ve also added a twist on your favourite cards – Stop for a treat is now Stop for a treat at the next dairy with a Tip Top sign and Head for Home is now Head for home after you see a tractor.
The Out of Town Edition is designed as an add on to an existing Getting Lost Game but could be used as a very short version of the game as a stand alone or added to a Booster Pack for a full game. We recommend for maximum adventure though you use it as a booster.
Purposefully offline, The Getting Lost Game is designed to inspire adventures and get people out of what they know and explore that untravelled path.
Designed by James and I, the Getting Lost Game gives you random directions to discover new places where ever you are in the country.
There are no rules to the game and the ways you can play it are endless and entirely adaptable to the person playing the game.
Here’s some ideas we’ve had though…
- For quick play, pick a new direction card at each intersection
- For a game that lasts a couple of hours pick a new card every 5 minutes
- Want to keep it simple? Just keep in the direction cards (left, right, north, south etc) and take out the trickier ones
- Looking for a weekend get away? Play the game until you get the “head for home” card and then find a hotel or campground in what ever town you are in when you get the card
- Don’t want to stop for treats? Take the treat and drink card out before you start playing
- Want to be totally unplugged? There is only one card that requires the internet (Google the word lake) so just take that one out
- Send the kids off for a walk with the game to explore new places
- Arrive in a new city and set off walking with the cards – take a new direction at each intersection
- Want to surprise someone? Add in your own card in the middle (seriously – anyone looking for a proposal card please let us know – we’ll make you one!)
Each card measures 91mm x 55mm and this pack has 15 misdirection cards. This edition does not include the inspiration cards on the other side.
Please remember to play the game responsibly and make sure that you stay safe and able to get yourself back home at all times. The compass is a toy designed for playing the game only so please don’t rely on this for directions.